Adult and Community Learning Services (ACLS)
Steps to Start the New Fiscal Year
- Agency, Project, and Site
- Update agency, project, and site basic information
- Update project and site coordinator names and work e-mails to ensure that ACLS notifications are sent to correct coordinators (if this is not updated, crucial news and notifications will not reach the directors)
- Convert partial intakes to full intakes -- partial intakes for MAPT testing are not allowed after the site has rolled over to new fiscal year
- Remove partial intakes if no tests were taken in the partial intake record
- Enter new students and make sure to use the look-up icon located next to the "Last Name" field to ensure that duplicates are not created
- Enter intakes at least monthly and review the data entry schedule below
- Check the Welcome Screen to view the link labeled "Other Site Assessments" which displays the list of co-enrolled students who took tests at other sites. There are 2 panels for current and exited students. Programs can view the list and drill down to the assessment screen to view tests for individual students. Programs can decide if they want to set the primary area for the test. There is a column that shows if the primary area has been set. This feature will help programs determine if dually enrolled students need to have another assessment administered immediately.
- Enter assessments and set the primary area (Note: students can be enrolled in classes without an assessment in the primary area, but attendance cannot be entered until the primary assessment area is indicated).
- If appropriate, select and copy over any May/June assessments administered in the previous fiscal year for returning students if a new test has not been administered. You will see a box in the first column under the copy icon next to the May/June test. Click on the box and hit "Save" and the test will be copied to the next fiscal year. The copied scores will be pre-tests for the new fiscal year and will be color coded to indicate they were copied. They will be listed with a 7/1 date.
- Enter goals
- Update all current student information
Note:All students who were not exited from the site are still listed as current students. You should exit students who are no longer current in your program. Remember - if students return at any time, they will still be in the database. When a student does return, select the "Exited" status on the "Student Search" screen to display the list of exited students. Then click on the student name and select "Reintake Student" and the student information will be retrieved from the database. Some information will need to be updated, but most of the information will still be relevant.
- Add new staff -- enter basic information and salary information
- Edit salary information for current staff if there were any changes in the salary data transferred from the approved program plan
- Enter staff salary information for staff who were not listed in the latest approved staff plan
- Ensure that duplicates are not created when staff transfer from other agencies
- Update the work e-mail field for all staff to ensure that ACLS notifications are sent to correct staff
- Add professional development activities for staff who attended trainings other than those provided by SABES
- Class Completion
- Use the Post Planning-Class Completion screen to "complete" the classes generated from the Program Plan and enter the following:
- Basic Information - subject, language, and instructional method
- Monthly schedule - hours per month (review a calendar carefully to exclude vacations and non instructional periods)
- Assign instructors to classes
- Enroll students in classes -- note that students may be enrolled without a primary assessment area or a primary goal, but attendance cannot be entered until a primary assessment is entered
- Enter class attendance - at least monthly and review the data entry schedule below
- Wait List
- Volunteers and Matches
- Add new volunteers
- Create new matches
- Enter match attendance -- at least monthly and review the attendance lockout calendar
- Assign new students to existing matches if necessary
- Enter match attendance for new and continuing matches at least monthly for both the volunteer and the student - review the data entry schedule below
- Assign volunteers to classes if they are in-class assistants
- Enter attendance in the class screen for in-class assistants by changing the "Type" filter in the "Class Attendance" screen from "Students" to "In-Class Assistants"
- Dissolve matches that ended
Data Entry Schedule:
|Monthly Attendance||Month/Day Data Entry Closed|
|July & August||October 31st|