Curriculum and Instruction
2016 Back-to-School Basics for Parents
The mission of the Center for Curriculum and Instruction is to help schools, districts, and organizational partners build capacity to engage all students in learning to meet rigorous expectations.
To accomplish this, the Center will
- articulate and assess high quality learning standards;
- identify, develop, and disseminate a rich array of resources and tools;
- support high quality professional development;
- facilitate opportunities for educators to network;
- actively communicate and collaborate with our partners.
The Center's staff members develop the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks in the arts, English language arts, foreign languages, history and social science, Science, Technology Engineering and Mathematics, the English language proficiency benchmarks and outcomes, instructional technology standards, and related resources. In collaboration with Office of Student Assessment, staff members develop the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System tests in English language arts, English language proficiency, history and social science, mathematics, and science and technology/engineering.
Within the Center are the following Offices:
- Office of Curriculum Development
- Office of English Language Acquisition and Academic Achievement
- Office of Literacy and Humanities
- Office of Science, Technology/Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)