|Purpose: ||The purpose of this funding opportunity is to provide small grants to two schools nominated for the Title I Distinguished School program to help defray the costs of attending the National Title I Conference sponsored by the National Title I Association. The Distinguished School program recognizes schools whose students perform at very high levels or schools that make significant progress in closing the achievement gap. Distinguished School staff will be honored during the opening general session of the National Title I Conference in Houston in January 2016 and invited to attend sessions from leading education experts and colleagues from across the country.|
|Priorities: ||Priority will be given to the two schools named below that were nominated and agreed to accept this funding to be used solely for the purpose of attending the National Title I Conference in Houston, Texas in January 2016.|
||Basic qualifying criteria:
Based on additional qualifying criteria, one school has been selected in each of the following categories:
- A poverty rate of at least 35% for the selected year;
- Demonstrated high academic achievement for two or more consecutive years; and
- Met or exceeded state-determined criteria based on two or more consecutive years of achievement data.
- Category 1: Exceptional student performance for two consecutive years (Community Day Charter Public School Prospect)
- Category 2: Closing the achievement gap between student groups (Alfred G. Zanetti Montessori Magnet School (Springfield))
|Funding: ||Each school is eligible to receive $4,000. Funding for the grant will come from federal Title I funding.|
||Fund use must be consistent with applicable state and/or federal requirements. The grant will be disbursed as a one-time, non recurring Incidental Grant which will not exceed the Commonwealth Incidental Purchase limit.
Districts are allowed to use funds to defray the costs associated with attendance at the National Title I Conference for one or more teachers or staff.
|Project Duration: ||Approval date to 6/30/2016|
|Program Unit: ||School Improvement Grant Programs|
||Programmatic: Erica Adametz (email@example.com)
Budget Workbook: Russ Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org)
||Parts I and II: Budget Workbook (includes the Standard Contract and Application for Program Grants and Budget Detail Pages).
Note that the budget workbook is Not posted with this RFP; nominated schools will be sent a budget workbook to be filled out by the district.
|Date Due: ||Tuesday, December 15, 2015
||Email the following forms to email@example.com:
- Completed budget workbook
- A scanned copy of the cover sheet, with the superintendent's signature