Grants and Other Financial Assistance Programs: FY2014
Curriculum and Assessment Partnership
Fund Code: 513
|Purpose: ||The purpose of this non-competitive grant program is to fund specific strategic initiatives that will improve the state's lowest achieving schools and districts, and support their continuous cycle of improvement.|
This grant program is aligned with the state's overarching goal:
These grant funds will contribute to that goal by supporting the following state strategy:
- To prepare all students for success after high school
Eligible districts will be invited to apply throughout the year as needs emerge and funds become available. Applications are only accepted from districts invited to apply.
- Turning around the lowest performing districts and schools
Currently, this grant is available by invitation only to a partnership of five Level 3 districts including Chelsea, Everett, Malden, Revere, and Winthrop. The grant is available to fund activities relative to coordinating curriculum and assessment needs across these five districts.
Grant applicants must explain how proposed strategic initiatives connect to indicators for one or more of the state's six district standards. These standards, defined in District Standards and Indicators are:
* Note: If connecting to the standards for Curriculum & Instruction, Assessment, and/or Student Support Standard, districts may wish to align the Massachusetts Tiered System of Support (MTSS) with their planning.
- Leadership and Governance
- Curriculum and Instruction *
- Assessment *
Required: If connecting to this standard's Indicator 3, Professional Development, districts must also explain how their proposed initiatives connect to and satisfy the Massachusetts Standards for Professional Development (Attached as Appendix A).
- Student Support *
Required: If connecting to this standard's Indicator 4, Partnerships and Services to Support Learning, districts must also explain how their proposed initiatives connect to indicators for one or more of the Massachusetts Family, School, and Community Partnership Fundamentals .
- Financial and Asset Management
- Human Resources and Professional Development
Applying districts must also identify the grant program goals and initiatives, and describe how they will monitor progress towards such goals, including identifying and describing early evidence of change, intermediate benchmarks, and long-term evidence of success, which they will use to assess progress for each initiative and for the overall program goals.
|Priorities: ||Priority will be given to specific Level 4 and/or Level 3 schools and districts that have been identified under the state's Framework for Accountability and Assistance. |
|Eligibility: ||This grant is available to Level 4 and/or Level 3 schools and districts, by invitation only. Currently this grant is available by invitation only to a partnership of Level 3 districts including Chelsea, Everett, Malden, Revere, and Winthrop. |
|Funding: ||$75,000 is available through Federal Title I School Improvement funds. |
|Fund Use: ||Fund use must be consistent with the priorities described above and requirements associated with the following funding sources:|
Title I School Improvement Funds (Fund Code 323-B) must be used to support improvement initiatives in Title I schools in Level 2, 3, or 4 status. All funds from this source must be attributed to Title I schools. (A special worksheet is included in the budget workbook for this purpose.) Funds must supplement, and not supplant, non-federal funds that would otherwise be used for activities authorized under this grant.
All expenditures will be closely reviewed as they relate to the priorities of this grant opportunity.
Funds may not be used to provide refreshments.
|Project Duration: ||7/1/2013 - 6/30/14|
|Program Unit: ||School Improvement Grant Programs and Regional System of Support|
|Contact: ||Amanda Trainor, email address: email@example.com |
|Phone Number: ||(781) 338-3551|
|Date Due: ||Wednesday, May 1, 2013 |
Proposals must be received at the Department by 5:00 p.m. on the date due.
|Required Forms: ||
- Part I and II - Electronic Budget Workbook for fund code 513 (includes the Standard Contract and Application for Program Grants and Budget Detail Pages): For activities between July 1, 2013 and August 31, 2013 only.
- Part I and II - Electronic Budget Workbook for fund code 513 (includes the Standard Contract and Application for Program Grants and Budget Detail Pages): For activities between September 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014 only.
- Part III - Required Program Information: Applicants will use this form to describe how the grant funds will be used, their rationale for using funds this way, and how the applicant will monitor progress and impact of their goals and activities.
|Additional Information: ||
- Appendix A: ESE Standards for Professional Development
|Submission Instructions: ||Submit two (2) sets, each with an original signature of the Superintendent/Executive Director.|
Regional System of Support
Massachusetts Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906