Grants and Other Financial Assistance Programs: FY2014
Teen Pregnancy Prevention: Partners for Youth Success Sustainability
Fund Code: 716
|Purpose: ||The Teen Pregnancy Prevention: Partners for Youth Success grants have supported districts and municipalities in implementing evidence-based teen pregnancy prevention programs in middle schools. This current grant is intended to assist with the continuation of these efforts.
The Teen Pregnancy Prevention: Partners for Youth Success sustainability grant will assist previously funded entities with:
- Continued implementation of the It PaYS curriculum in middle schools (completely and with fidelity)
- Evaluation activities related to program implementation and outcomes
- Building sustainability of the program beyond the funding period
|Priorities: ||The priority of this grant is to support the continued work of entities previously awarded a Teen Pregnancy Prevention: Partners for Youth Success grant. In applying for these funds applicants ensure that:
- There is a designated project lead
- The curriculum will be implemented completely and with fidelity
- All project personnel will attend all designated required trainings sponsored by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and/or the Department of Public Health
- There will be full participation and compliance with evaluation activities
|Eligibility: || Eligible entities are those that were funded through FY 2013. Eligible sites are listed below.|
Boston Public Schools: $90,000|
Holyoke Public Schools: $77,000
New Bedford Public Schools: $21,000
City of Springfield Afterschool: $40,000
(Department of Parks, Buildings and Recreation Management)
Applicants should submit applications based on the following funding levels:
The Department reserves the right to alter the award to each funded entity. All eligible applicants will receive funding in FY 2014 pending assurances they are able to meet all program obligations.
Note: The above entities are eligible to apply for a maximum of $10,000 in additional funding to further expand and/or enhance their program. Program expansion will constitute implementing the curriculum in additional middle schools in the district. Program enhancement will constitute program modifications that make the curriculum more inclusive of specific high needs populations (ELL students, alternative education students, and students with disabilities). Those meeting the criteria for expansion and/or enhancement should provide a separate budget and budget narrative and provide the necessary information outlined in Part III - Required Program Information.
|Fund Use: ||Funds can be used to support training time for staff (e.g., stipends or travel) to attend workshops, meeting costs to plan and implement programs, purchase of Making Proud Choices and associated teaching materials, and staff training on the curricula. Funds can be used to hire additional personnel in order to implement fully and expand the program but they may not be used to supplant current salaries. |
|Project Duration: ||9/1/2013 - 8/31/2014|
|Program Unit: ||Nutrition, Health, and Safety|
|Contact: || Joy Robinson-Lynch email address: email@example.com|
|Phone Number: ||(781) 338-6331|
|Date Due: ||Friday, June 28, 2013|
|Required Forms: ||
- Part I - General - Program Unit Signature Page - (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
- Part II Budget Detail Pages (Include both pages.) - Instructions
Please provide separate budget pages and narrative for expansion or enhancement project.
- Budget Narrative
- Part III - Required Program Information
- Grant Assurances
- Program Activity Chart. Please contact Chiniqua Milligan, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the specific chart to be completed by your district/program.
- Teacher/Facilitator acknowledgement and assurances - for all current/returning teachers
- Teacher/Facilitator acknowledgement and assurances - for all new teachers
- TA Planning Log (from all participating teachers/facilitators)
|Submission Instructions: || Submit two (2) sets, each with an original signature of the Superintendent/Executive Director.
Chiniqua N. Milligan
Nutrition, Health and Safety
Massachusetts Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906