Adult and Community Learning Services (ACLS)
SMARTT Update, April 2013
Remove Update Employment Link
We will be removing the "Update Employment" link located under the "Student" section since we recently received clarification from the US Department of Education stating that programs only need to update the employment status for students who re-enroll after exiting. Students who remain enrolled without exiting in the new program year (e.g., were enrolled in June and continued into July or anytime in the next fiscal year), do not need the employment status updated. When users re-intake a student or add a student who was previously enrolled at another site, the user is required to go through all of the student panels and update any information. At this time the employment status should be updated. These are the employment statuses that can be selected:
This is the status used for the "Enter Employment and "Retain Employment" cohorts.
- Unemployed and Looking
- Unemployed and Not Looking
- Retired or Otherwise Not Looking for Work
We will use data matching wherever possible to determine the outcomes, but programs will need to follow-up for the employment goals if an SSN and signed release form are not provided.
- Entered employment -- Unemployed and Looking for Work
- Retained employment -- Employed
GED Data Matching - Match Completed on 3/29/2013
The latest GED data match with Oklahoma Scoring Service was completed on 3/29/2013. One hundred and twenty four (124) records were matched for students who attended classes in FY13. Out of this, one hundred and nine (109) students set the goal which is 88%. Please remember that we have moved to the "cohort" model for federal reporting this year which is not dependent on goal setting. The criteria for the "Obtain Secondary Credential" is based on the number of students who exited during this year and took all five subject area GED tests.
If you find that a student did receive the GED and the record was not updated in SMARTT, please e-mail Ruth Derfler (email@example.com) to determine what data element was incorrect so that the student's record can be corrected. It is important to capture all GEDs met and credit all students who meet the goal.
Program Planning for FY14
All programs plan will be moved to FY14 on Thursday, April 25th. All federally funded programs must verify with their program specialists that the summer classes (7/1/2013 - 8/31/2013) listed in the FY13 plan are accurate before the plans are moved to FY14. The updated program plan reference materials and technical manual for FY14 will be posted on the SMARTT section of the ACLS website next week. These are the changes for FY14:
- Programs may select to use either the "Detailed" or "Abbreviated" version of the staff plan
- The "Match Benefits" screen located in the "Match" section will be available so that programs can enter the benefit percent which is paid by match for staff who have salaries under "Direct" or "Collaborative" funding. Once the percent is entered, the amount paid by the match will appear. Therefore, it will be helpful when programs are completing their match narrative.
Here is an example where the benefits for staff are paid by "Match" and the salaries are paid by "Direct" or "Collaborative" funds. In this example, the benefit rate is entered as 30%. Only the "Benefits" field is data entry, and the user must enter the benefit rate. The "Calculated Benefits" filed is the amount that should appear on the match narrative.
NRS Cohort Screen - will be released on April 25th
The NRS Cohort screen will be available on April 25th after 6 PM. Only students who had at least 12 hours of attendance and who exited this year (between 7/1/2012 and 6/30/2013) will be included in the cohorts. The definitions for each cohort are listed on the screen. The "Status" filter is set to "Requires Follow-up" which that means that you need to follow-up with the students. If you change the filter to "Entire Cohort", you will see the entire list which includes those who are data matched and those with a link that require follow-up. Follow-up is required for the "Entry into Post Secondary Education or Training" cohort if the student did not provide a release form cohort. Follow-up is required for the "Enter and Retain Employment" cohorts if the student did not provide a social security number and release form.
The information to be entered is the same as for the "Goal Follow-up" screen. You need to enter the contact information in the "Contacts" panel and the date met in the "Cohort" section.
Includes only students who met the cohort definition and exited. Each cohort is defined below.
Lists only students who exited between 7/1/2012 and 6/30/2013.
Secondary Credential cohort data is read only since GED data comes from Oklahoma Scoring Service.
Learners who were unemployed at entry and in the labor force who exited between 7/1/2012 and 6/30/2013.
- Learners who were unemployed at entry and were in the labor force who exited between 7/1/2012 and 6/30/2013.
- Learners who were employed at entry and were in the labor force who exited between 7/1/2012 and 6/30/2013.
Entry into postsecondary education or training
- Learners who earned a GED or high school diploma or
- Learners who have a secondary credential at entry or
- Learners who enrolled in a class specifically designed for transitioning to community college who exited between 7/1/2012 and 6/30/2013. The rate based class focus is Bridge to College/Math or Bridge to College/Writing. The non rate based class focus is Bridge to College/Math, Bridge to College/Writing, or College and Career Readiness.
Obtain a secondary credential: (read only since data comes from Oklahoma Scoring Service)
Learners who took all five subject area GED tests and who exited between 7/1/2012 and 6/30/2013.
SMARTT/Cognos Incompatibility with Internet Explorer 10
We have noticed that some programs are experiencing difficulty with viewing SMARTT and Cognos screens using the new Internet Explorer 10. For example, you might see a blank screen when you search for students. Some users have found that their computer has automatically updated to Internet Explorer 10. Fortunately, there is a workaround for this. Here are the steps to follow to:
- Press your F12 key on your keyboard.
- On panel that comes up at the bottom, select 'Browser Mode IE10' and change to "Internet Explorer 9"
- Once everything looks okay, close that panel by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner.
If you have trouble and need assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the SABES field technologists will assist you.
SMARTT/Cognos Trainings and Support
Please check the SABES calendar for any upcoming trainings. If you need SMARTT or Cognos help, please send an email to email@example.com since the SABES techs need an e-mail to track all requests. For an email request, be sure to include a clear subject header. You do not need to include detailed information in the initial email to smartthelp. A short subject is adequate because once you send an email, you will receive an auto-response containing a link to a form. Please fill out this form completely and hit the "Submit" button at the end. You will be contacted either by phone or email shortly afterwards by a SABES field technologist if he/she needs further information. Please do not contact "smarttsupport" since that is an e-mail address for the SABES techs to use to submit any issues to the SMARTT team.
Questions? Please contact Donna Cornellier at firstname.lastname@example.org