Office for Food and Nutrition Programs
Submit a Health Hint
Send us your Health Hints
Nutrition and health professionals working with Massachusetts K-12 public schools are welcome to submit Health Hints to be posted on the ESE website. You can submit messages for students, teachers and parents or caregivers.
To submit your hint for consideration on the ESE website, follow these steps:
- Health Hint (1-2 sentences)
- Grade level for your message
- Content area
Eat 10 carrot sticks today instead of potato chips.
We encourage you to add a simple suggested activity and/or resources for connecting the message to the classroom and/or home (no longer than 5-6 lines).
Read "The Carrot Seed" by Ruth Kraus.
Connecting at Home:
Encourage your child(ren) to help shop for carrots at the store; help peel carrots for a snack or meal.
Please submit one message per grade level. You may submit additional similar messages for different grade levels if you wish.
About Displaying Health Hints on the Nutrition, Health, & Safety Website
Please note that all Health Hints will be reviewed prior to posting. Due to space constraints, your original message may be slightly altered. Health Hints will be updated every month to include new submissions.
How we choose which Health Hints to use
In order to select from the large collection of Health Hints we receive, we will use the following criteria:
- Subject Matter - Health Hints messages should be health related and targeted to students, with additional information for teachers, parents and/or administrators in K-12 education.
- Accuracy - Information must be accurate and science-based.
- Length - Health Hints should be no more than 1-2 sentences and Classroom Connection; Connecting at Home should be no more than 5-6 lines. Please write in complete sentences.