Approved Vendors to Support Implementation of Educator Evaluation
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has pre-approved vendors to support preparation for and implementation of the new educator evaluation framework in Race to the Top and non-Race to the Top districts.
RTTT Districts: vendors have been approved to provide services in the following three categories:
- Category A: Training Module Delivery. Vendors pre-approved for this category will deliver the ESE-designed training modules to school leadership teams. Vendors are prepared to provide regional or district-level trainings in order to appropriately meet demand throughout the state. . For information on ESE funding for module training in RTTT districts, please read ESE Funding for Vendor Delivery of Training Modules.
- Category B: Evaluator Training. Vendors pre-approved in this category will provide high quality regional and district-level evaluator training and coaching consistent with the ESE Model System rubrics and School-Level Implementation Guide. This training will address: (a) Collecting and Analyzing Evidence; (b) Conducting Classroom and Worksite Observations; (c) Providing Constructive & Meaningful Feedback; and (d) Conferencing Skills.
- Category C: Technical Assistance Providers. Vendors pre-approved in this category are prepared to provide technical assistance to district leaders in implementing the new evaluation regulations using the Massachusetts Model System for Educator Evaluation. Vendors will support districts in one or more of the following areas: (a) engage stakeholders in design and roll-out of the system; (b) build and implement an implementation plan; (c) strengthen districts' data, technology and human resources infrastructure; (d) monitor and refine implementation; and (e) fine-tune the system on an ongoing basis.
Non-RTTT Districts: vendors have been approved to deliver ESE-developed educator evaluation training modules.
- Training Module Delivery. Vendors pre-approved under RFQ-13EPLSW1 will deliver the ESE-designed training modules to evaluators and/or school leadership teams. Vendors are prepared to provide regional or district-level trainings in order to appropriately meet demand throughout the state. For information on ESE funding for module training, please read ESE Funding for Vendor Delivery of Training Modules.
|Training Module Delivery
||Collaborative for Educational Services
Learning Innovations at WestEd
MTA Center for Education Policy & Practice
Ribas Associates & Publications
Benefits of Using ESE-Approved Vendors
- Experience: PD providers with extensive experience in providing professional development to districts and school leadership teams
- Regional Delivery: districts and vendors are encouraged to provide module training to educators from multiple districts, thereby reducing the per-district cost
- Efficiency: vendors will be able to customize the module content to your district's needs and provide organizational resources and materials, limiting the time and effort on the district's behalf to conduct the training
- Subsidy: approved vendors will receive a partial subsidy from ESE to offset the cost of the training
- ESE-Developed Training Modules ("Category A" under RFR-12EPLKC1 and RFQ-13EPLSW1)
- Evaluator Training ("Category B" under RFR-12EPLKC1)
ESE has committed $4.5 million in RTTT funds to supporting educator evaluation training in the following two areas: the delivery of ESE-developed Training Modules and vendor-developed Evaluator Training (Category B of RFR-12EPLKC1). Subsidies go directly to vendors approved in those categories who then offer services to districts at a proportionately reduced cost. Since approved vendors range in cost while the subsidies are fixed, some vendors will be able to offer training that meets the minimum ESE requirements at little to no cost, particularly for module training. Districts are encouraged to explore the relative pricing options offered by the approved vendors. Districts are not obligated to use RTTT or other funding sources on an approved vendor. Vendors that are not approved under RFR-12EPLKC1 or RFQ-13EPLSW1 are not eligible to receive a subsidy from ESE.