Educator Preparation Reviewers
Are you interested in becoming a reviewer?
Do you know someone you'd like to nominate for the next cohort of reviewers?
Complete a nomination form!
The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) recruits and selects education professionals to serve in cohorts for the Educator Preparation Formal Review Process. Reviewers are responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating evidence of educator preparation program effectiveness. Together with ESE, reviewers help to guarantee that educator preparation in MA results in effective educators ready to support the success of all students.
This is an exciting and selective opportunity to:
- Participate in an evaluation process that impacts the readiness of our educators to deliver quality instruction statewide
- Gain insights into educator preparation in Massachusetts
- Collaborate with diverse education leaders and professionals
- Engage in a meaningful professional learning opportunity
- Earn PD points
While we do not have eligibility requirements for applying to be a reviewer, those who are most successful in the selection process are typically those who:
- Have knowledge of and experience in the PK–12 and/or higher education setting
- Work collaboratively with peers with diverse views
- Possess an open mind on different approaches to educator preparation
- Demonstrate strong communication and analysis skills
- Have strong computer skills
- Are rated Proficient or above on the Massachusetts Educator Evaluation (PK–12 practitioners)
FAQ — Updated!
Ed Prep Reviewer Application
Ed Prep Reviewer Nomination Form