School Finance: Circuit Breaker
FY12 Circuit Breaker Claim Training Announcement
Superintendents, Charter School Leaders and Special Education Directors, School Business Officials
Jay Sullivan, Administrator, School Business Services
May 23, 2012 (Updated)
This memorandum announces our annual Circuit Breaker training schedule for the spring. We provide these trainings to assist districts as they prepare to claim FY12 Special Education costs for reimbursement. Individual district files will be ready for download in the SpEd File Exchange area of the Department's Security Portal early May.
We are often asked "Since I have been to circuit breaker trainings in the past, should I attend this years training?" Well I strongly suggest that you consider attending for the following reasons:
- The CB file is a complicated workbook that local staff deal with only once a year. It is important to review and understand the mechanics of the file.
- We will discuss any program clarifications and provide an update on the ongoing budget deliberations.
- This will be an opportunity for local staff to hear what audit issues we have encountered and we'll review common in-district and out-of-district errors and how you can avoid them.
- There will be a discussion of the classification of providers on in-district claims.
- We will also discuss the documentation requirements that should be maintained locally
Trainings are set at the following locations. If sessions fill up, we may consider opening additional sessions.
|5/15/12||9:00 am||Sandwich High School|
|5/21/12||1:00 pm||Milton High School|
|5/22/12||9:00 am||Barnstable High School|
|5/24/12||9:30 am||Malden - ESE|
|5/25/12||9:30 am||Leominster - Skyview Middle School|
|5/30/12||9:00 am||Hudson High School|
|5/31/12||9:00 am||Bridgewater Middle School|
|6/5/12||9:00 am||Lower Pioneer Valley Educ Collaborative|
|6/5/12||12:30 am||Lower Pioneer Valley Educ Collaborative *recent addition|
|6/6/12||9:00 am||Norwell Middle School|
|6/11/12||1:00 pm||Shrewsbury High School|
|6/13/12||9:30 am||Malden - ESE|
|6/15/12||9:30 am||Malden - ESE *recent addition|
|6/18/11||9:30 am||Malden - ESE|
District staff can register for a session.