Grants and Other Financial Assistance Programs: FY2015
The MTSS Partnership Grant - Continuation Grant
Fund Code: 246
The purpose of The Massachusetts Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Partnership Grant is to increase access to evidence-based professional development, including face-to-face and online training and technical assistance, products, services, and activities. This evidence-based professional development, provided by ESE and identified partners through a federally funded professional development grant, will enable Massachusetts educators to better serve all students, ages 3-21, including students with disabilities, and their families. The five-year MTSS Partnership Grant will support model sites within each of the six regions in Massachusetts that demonstrate the systemic implementation of evidence-based practices within a tiered system of support.
This grant program supports The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education's mission to prepare all students to succeed in the world that awaits them after high school by supporting the following agency goals:
- Strengthen curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Improve educator effectiveness
- Use technology and data effectively to support student achievement
The priorities of this grant program build upon and enhance Massachusetts' system of professional development. Priorities include:
- Engaging educators in evidence-based professional development activities, provided by ESE and identified partners, in content areas that include Universal Design for Learning (UDL), Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), Secondary Transition, Family Engagement, Social Emotional Needs of Children and Families in K-12 and in the Mixed Delivery System, Academic Content Areas, and District-level Structures and Supports;
- Supporting educators in the implementation of newly acquired evidence-based knowledge and skills; and
- Providing opportunities for educators and families from across the Commonwealth to observe the implementation of evidence-based practices within a tiered system of support at regional model sites
|Eligibility:||Eligibility is limited to districts that were awarded the FY14 MTSS Partnership Project Grant: Attleboro, Beverly, Chelsea, Pittsfield, West Springfield, and Winchendon.|
A total of $168,960 is available for this grant program in FY15. Each district may apply for up to $28,160.
Any unexpended FY14 funds will be available to districts during FY15. More guidance will be provided to the districts after the FY15 funds have been awarded.
Anticipated available funding, Years 2-5:
|Grant year||Funds available per district|
|FY15 (7/1/14 - 6/30/15)||$28,160|
|FY16 (7/1/15 - 6/30/16)||$31,826|
|FY17 (7/1/16 - 6/30/17)||$31,826|
|FY18 (7/1/17 - 9/30/17)||$5,493|
Additional funding ($5,000 per district) from the State Implementation and Scaling up of Evidence-based Practices (SISEP) Center will awarded to support the work of the district.
Funds must be used for professional development activities related to TPP.
Funds may be used for:
- Stipends for educators who
- Participate in and/or leading professional development activities, including Professional Learning Communities (PLCs); and/or
- Participate in conferences, courses, summer institutes, or other professional development opportunities supported by TPP
- Travel/mileage (related to TPP professional development activities)
- Materials, supplies, and technology to support trainings or professional development (limited to 10% of the total award)
- Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System (MTRS) (related to stipends only)
- Conference registrations (content of conference must be related to TPP)
- Limited to 10% of the total award; and
- Limited to work that is related to TPP and that the district is already engaged in)
Funds may not be used for:
- Materials for students
- Out-of-state travel
- Fringe benefits
- Food or beverages
- Indirect costs
|Project Duration:||Year 2: 7/1/14 - 6/30/15|
|Program Unit:||Office of Tiered System of Supports|
|Phone Number:||(781) 338-3384|
|Date Due:||Tuesday, July 1, 2014|
Part I - General - Program Unit Signature Page - (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
Part II - Budget Detail Pages (Include both pages.)
Part III - Required Program Information and Application
- Email the following to email@example.com:
- Part II Budget Detail Pages
- Part III Project Application
Mail two (2) sets of the complete application package with original signatures to Linda Tarmy.
Office of Tiered System of Supports
Massachusetts Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906
For questions regarding submission, please contact Linda Tarmy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781.338.3384.