Grants and Other Financial Assistance Programs: FY2015
Superintendents and Charter School Leaders
Mitchell D. Chester, Ed.D., Commissioner of Elementary and Secondary Education
July 10, 2014
FY2015 Assurances for Grants
Enclosed is the FY2015 Grant Assurances Document that covers the requirements for the following programs:
Reauthorized Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 as amended by P. L. 107-110
- Title I, Part A: Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged
- Title II, Part A: Improving Educator Quality
- Title III: English Language Acquisition and Academic Achievement Program for Limited English Proficient Students
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES EDUCATION ACT (IDEA): 20 U.S.C. 1400 et seq.
- Part B: Entitlement and Discretionary Preschool and School-Age Programs
CARL D. PERKINS CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION IMPROVEMENT ACT OF 2006 P.L. 109-270 (PERKINS IV)
Selected State Laws and Regulations
- Education of English Learners: 603 CMR 14.00 promulgated by the Board of Education pursuant to M.G.L. c. 69, § 1B, and M.G.L. c. 71A, as amended by St. 2002, c. 386.
- Student Learning Time: 603 CMR 27.00 promulgated by the Board of Education pursuant to M.G.L. c. 69, § 1G, as amended by St. 1993, c. 71, section 29.
- School Building Health, Safety, and Fire Inspections pursuant to M.G.L c. 71, sec. 68.
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention Law and Regulations: M.G.L. 71, § 370, 603 CMR 49.00, and M.G.L. 71B, §3, as amended by St. 2010, c. 92, sections 7 and 8.
In order to receive funds from ESEA, IDEA, and Perkins, applicants must sign the document where indicated and submit it to the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education by Monday, July 28, 2014.
Return the signed document to:
Liz Celata, Grants Management
Massachusetts Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Celata, Grants Management, at 781-338-6566.