||The goal of this state funded grant program is to enhance out-of-school time (OST*) programs and services to improve the academic, physical, social, and emotional wellness of public and non-public school-age youth during the school year and the summer months.
*OST refers to after-school and out-of-school time programming (including vacations, weekends, before-school, and summer).
||The main priority for this grant is to improve the quality of OST programs and services by supporting partnerships to develop, pilot, and document high-quality service-learning (SL) curricula that will help to decrease summer learning loss and increase students' social-emotional competencies.
More specifically, priorities for this grant are to improve the quality of OST programs and services by:
- Supporting OST staff to better understand and implement social-emotional learning (SEL) practices, as well as to teach social-emotional skills and competencies using SL.
- Helping OST staff to identify and plan for intentional STEM, English language arts, social studies and/or mathematics learning goals and outcomes for summer programming using SL.
- Developing high-quality summer SL curricula that will help to decrease summer learning loss and increase social-emotional competencies, and which can be replicated.
|Eligibility: ||Eligible applicants are those who were awarded an FY16 Fund Code (FC) 530-B Quality Enhancements in After-School and Out-of-School Time competitive grant.|
|Funding: ||A total of approximately $35,000 is available. Eligible applicants may apply for an increase of up to $3,115 each (which could be increased further if all eligible applicants do not submit an intent to apply by June 7, 2016. Final eligible amounts will be confirmed on or before June 14, 2016). Grant awards will be processed as an increase to the Fund Code 530-B grant summer budgets (applicants will submit a new summer budget that reflects the previously awarded total plus the increase amount).|
||Increase funds may be used to support costs associated with one or more of the following enhancements to the originally proposed grant activities:
- Engaging more students in the SEL SL summer program pilot.
- Providing additional time for staff to write/document the SEL SL curriculum.
- Implementing other program enhancements (e.g. additional field trips related to the SEL SL project, etc.)
|Project Duration: ||Upon approval (no earlier than 07/01/2016) - 08/31/2016|
|Program Unit: ||Office of Learning Supports and Early Learning|
|Contacts: ||Kristen McKinnon|
|Phone Number: ||(781)338-3010|
|Intent to Apply:
||Due Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Applicants must send an email to email@example.com confirming intent to apply for the $3,115 increase to the summer budget.
||Tuesday, June 14, 2016 (emailed)
See the Submission Instructions section below for additional details.
Part II Budget Workbook
Note: The budget and budget narrative submitted should reflect the total new summer request (applicant's original summer budget plus the requested increase).
Part III Required Program Information
||E-mail all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in their original Word or Excel formats (Please do not convert into PDF.)
Emailed documents must be received by the Department no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 14, 2016.