|Purpose: ||The Rural and Low-Income School Program, Title VI-B(2) of the federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, is designed to meet the needs of rural, low-income school districts that frequently lack the personnel and resources needed to compete for federal competitive grants. These districts often receive formula allocations in amounts too small to be effective in meeting their intended purposes. Supported activities must align with applicable District Standards and Indicators and Conditions for School Effectiveness. For more information on District Standards and School Conditions, see District Standards and Indicators and Conditions for School Effectiveness.|
||The priorities for the use of Title VI-B(2) funds are to address:
- teacher recruitment and retention;
- teacher professional development;
- educational technology as described in Part D of Title II;
- parental involvement activities;
- activities authorized under Part A of Title IV (Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities);
- activities authorized under Part A of Title I (Improving the Academic Achievement of Disadvantaged Children); and
- activities authorized under Title III (Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students).
||Gill-Montague and Greenfield Public Schools are the only eligible districts in the Commonwealth at this time.
A school district is eligible to receive funds under this program if:
- 20 percent or more of the students ages 5 through 17 served by the district are from families with incomes below the federal census poverty line;
- all of the schools served by the district have a school locale code of 6, 7, or 8; and
- the district is not eligible to receive a Small, Rural School Grant under Title VI-B(1) (district student average daily attendance is less than 600 and each school has a locale code of 7 or 8).
|Funding: ||The amount of funds for which the school district may apply will be sent in a separate mailing.|
|Fund Use: ||The district must spend funds in accordance with the district's improvement plan.|
|Project Duration: ||Upon Approval - 8/31/2017|
|Program Unit: ||School Improvement Grant Programs|
|Contacts: ||Alex Lilley email@example.com|
|Phone Number: ||(781) 338-6212|
|Date Due: ||Tuesday, November 1, 2016|
Part I General Program Unit Signature Page (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
- Part II Budget Detail Pages
- Part IIA Activities
- Part III Assurances
||Submit all required forms noted above including PDF copies of signature pages (cover sheet/signature page and signed assurances document) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, November 1, 2016.