|Purpose: ||The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) is pleased to announce a new grant program in partnership with private schools in the Commonwealth. The purpose of this grant is for districts, private schools and families to consider creative ways to provide special education or related services to parentally-placed private school students who are eligible for special education on the grounds of the private school.|
||The priority of this grant is to:
- Ensure that parentally-placed eligible students receive the special education or related services needed.
- To develop a coalition of district(s), private schools and families that will work together to devise effective approaches to (a).
- The coalition will create an agreed-upon plan of how eligible students can receive special education or related services on the grounds of the private school.
- All in the coalition must agree to participate in the planned coalition activities.
|Eligibility: ||School districts awarded the Fund Code 230 Grant in 2016-2017 are eligible to apply. The two eligible Massachusetts districts are Fall River Public Schools and Sharon Public Schools.|
|Funding Type: ||Federal CFDA 84.027|
||Upon Approval - 8/31/18
A total of $50,000 is available, subject to federal appropriation.
Grant amounts will be $25,000 per district.
Funding is contingent upon availability. All dollar amounts listed are estimated/approximate and are subject to change. If more funding is to become available it will be distributed under the same guideline as listed in the initial RFP document.
||The fund use of this grant is for districts, private schools and families to develop a plan to provide special education or related services to parentally-placed private school students who are eligible for special education on the grounds of the private school.
- A percentage of service providers' salary based on hours spent
- Travel from district to the private school and/or coalition meetings
- Behavioral reinforcements for students to participate in special education or related service
||Upon Approval - 8/31/2018
All grant-funded activities must be completed by the end of August 2018.
An electronic report on grant activities and resulting outcomes is required by September 1, 2018.
|Program Unit: ||Special Education Planning and Policy Development Office|
|Contact: ||Andrea Cote|
|Date Due: ||Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with a final submission deadline of December 15, 2017.|
Part I - General - Program Unit Signature Page - (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
Required Program Information
- Instructions for Completing an Application Submission in EdGrants
- EdGrants Front Office User Guide: Application Submission
- EdGrants Front Office User Guide: Requesting Grant Funds (payments)
- EdGrants: User Security Controls
- Budget Detail - Description of Line Item Information
- Applications can legally claim expenses to the grant only from the date of final ESE approval.
||Submit all required grant materials through EdGrants
In EdGrants, districts are required to create and name the project. Please use the following naming convention for your "Applicant Project Name" in EdGrants:
FY18 230 SPED Applicant Name
All items listed under the required forms section of this RFP should be uploaded / attached in the Attachments List formlet of the Application Submission in EdGrants. This includes a signed / scanned PDF of Part I / Coversheet with Superintendent's signature, Required Program Information Form and Supplemental Information. The final budget the applicant is requesting will be entered directly into EdGrants as part of the application submission process.
For Guidance Documents regarding EdGrants, visit EdGrants: User Guides and Information.
Please note: It is up to the district to determine who they want to add as EdGrants Front Office users in order to submit grant application as well as payment request information. Please review the EdGrants: User Security Controls to make informed decisions regarding assigning your district level users.