Grants and Other Financial Assistance Programs: FY2018
The Massachusetts Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
Partnership Continuation Grant
Fund Code: 246
|Purpose: ||The purpose of The Massachusetts Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Partnership Grant is to increase access to evidence-based professional development, including face-to-face and online training and technical assistance, products, services, and activities. This evidence-based professional development, provided by ESE and identified partners through a federally funded professional development grant, will enable Massachusetts educators to better serve students, ages 3-21, including students with disabilities, and their families. The five-year MTSS Partnership Grant will create model sites within each of the six regions in Massachusetts that demonstrate the systemic implementation of evidence-based practices within a tiered system of support.|
||The priorities of this grant program build upon and enhance Massachusetts' system of professional development. Priorities include:
Providing opportunities for educators and families from across the Commonwealth to observe the implementation of evidence-based practices within a tiered system of support at regional model sites.
- Engaging educators in evidence-based professional development activities, provided by ESE and identified partners, in content areas that include Universal Design for Learning (UDL), Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), Secondary Transition, Family Engagement, Social Emotional Needs of Children and Families in K-12 and in the Mixed Delivery System, Academic Content Areas, and District-level Structures and Supports;
- Supporting educators in the implementation of newly acquired evidence-based knowledge and skills; and
|Eligibility: ||Eligibility for this continuation grant is limited to the six districts selected previously through a competitive grant process: Attleboro, Chelsea, Methuen, Pittsfield, West Springfield, and Winchendon|
|Funding Type: ||Federal (CFDA: 84.323A)|
|Funding: ||A total of $45,000 (i.e., $7,500 per eligible district) is available for FY18, which runs through 6/30/18.
Funding is contingent upon availability. All dollar amounts listed are estimated/approximate and are subject to change. If more funding is to become available it will be distributed under the same guideline as listed in the initial RFP document.
||Funds must be used for professional development activities related to The MTSS Partnership Grant.
- Stipends for educators participating in and/or leading professional development activities, including Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
- Participation in conferences, courses, summer institutes, or other professional development opportunities supported by The MTSS Partnership Grant
- Travel/mileage (related to The MTSS Partnership Grant professional development activities)
- Materials, supplies, and technology to support trainings or professional development (limited to 10% of the total award)
- Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System (MTRS) (related to stipends only)
- Consultants (limited to 10% of the total award)
- Materials for students
- Fringe benefits
- Food or beverages
- Indirect costs
|Project Duration:||Year 4: Upon award - 06/30/2018|
|Program Unit:||Center for District Support/Regional System of Support Office|
|Phone Number: ||(781) 338-3539|
|Date Due: ||Grant requests will be processed on a rolling basis. All requests must be received by Friday, March 16, 2018.|
Part I - General - Program Unit Signature Page - (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
Part III - Required Program Information
||Submit all required grant materials through EdGrants
In EdGrants, districts are required to create and name the project. Please use the following naming convention for your "Applicant Project Name" in EdGrants:
FY18 246 MTSS Partnership Continuation (Applicant Name)
All required forms should be uploaded / attached in the Attachments List formlet of the Application Submission. This includes a signed / scanned PDF of Part I / Coversheet with Superintendent's signature and Part III Required Program Information. The final budget the applicant is requesting will be entered directly into EdGrants as part of the application submission process.
For Guidance Documents regarding EdGrants, visit EdGrants: User Guides and Information.
Please note: It is up to the district to determine who they want to add as EdGrants Front Office users in order to submit grant application as well as payment request information. Please review the EdGrants: User Security Controls to make informed decisions regarding assigning your district level users.