|Purpose: || The purpose of this state-funded grant program is to provide supplementary support to Lawrence Public Schools by furthering professional capacity building and student academic support related to implementation of turnaround initiatives. |
|Priorities: ||The grant will focus on the following activities to support implementation of the Level 5 district turnaround plan in Lawrence Public Schools;
- developing and supporting effective educators who can create significant improvement in student achievement; and
- developing a plan to create a school-day tutoring initiative to increase math support for struggling high school students.
|Eligibility: ||Only Lawrence Public Schools is eligible at this time. |
|Funding: ||Funding is available for up to $164,000. |
|Fund Use: ||Funds can be used for activities and initiatives consistent with the capacity building plan submitted along with the budget and may include stipends, consultant fees, travel for professional development, materials purchases, and other directly related non-administrative costs. |
|Project Duration: ||Upon Approval - 6/30/2012|
|Program Unit: ||Office of District and School Turnaround - Center for Targeted Assistance|
|Contact: || Liza Veto email@example.com|
|Phone Number: ||(781) 338-3533|
|Date Due: ||Monday, April 30, 2012|
|Required Forms: ||
- Electronic Workbook
Note: Included in the Workbook are the:
- Part I - General - Program Unit Signature Page - Standard Contract
Form and Application for Program Grants; and
- Part II - Budget Detail Pages, including Form AM1 for future use.
- Part III - Required Program Information
|Submission Instructions: || Submit two (2) hard copy sets with an original signature of the Superintendent.
School Improvement Grant Programs
Massachusetts Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906
Also, email the budget workbook to firstname.lastname@example.org.