The purpose of this grant program is to support the literacy, language, and leadership skill development of adult students enrolled in a Community Adult Learning Center through participatory health education.|
Priorities are to support programs that:
- are committed to participatory health education and student leadership development;
- provide students the opportunity to select, research, develop curricula, and provide instruction in health topics;
- collaborate with health care organizations and related resources within the community; and
- integrate health topics into the comprehensive ABE/ESOL instructional services using the ABE/ESOL Curriculum Frameworks.
|Eligibility: ||Eligible applicants are currently funded Participatory Health Education programs.|
See Table 1 - Funding Allocations (Subject to appropriation of adequate federal and state funds.)|
|Fund Use: ||
Funds may be used for:
Funding requests should not exceed $12,000 and a significant portion of the funding must support student involvement (i.e., not less than 20% of the funding must be used to compensate students for their work).
- Student Health Teams that are comprised of adult learners enrolled in a Community Adult Learning Center and working with a staff member/facilitator to promote health education in ABE programs. The activities of Student Health Teams include, but are not limited to: researching health topics; developing health related curricula and lesson plans; creating health education materials; providing health related instruction; and providing professional development;
- stipends to students who are involved in the Participatory Health Education Team and to pay a project facilitator; and
- developing and sustaining collaborations with health care providers and related resources.
|Project Duration: ||
Fund Code 345: 7/1/2011 - 6/30/2012|
Fund Code 340: 9/1/2011 - 8/31/2012
(Subject to appropriation of adequate federal and state funds.)
|Program Unit: ||Adult and Community Learning Services|
|Contact: ||Marie M. Narvaez email@example.com|
|Phone Number: ||(781) 338-3847|
|Dates Due: ||
Fund Code 345: Thursday, May 12, 2011|
Fund Code 340: Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Proposals must be received at the Department no later than 4:00 p.m. on the date due.
|Required Forms: ||
Part III - Required Program Information (Submit through the SMARTT Program Planning Module.)|
|Additional Information: ||
SMARTT Manual - FY2012
Note:Due to pending changes in the ESE Grants Management system, applicants may have to resubmit these and other pages in a new online form. In that case, ESE will provide training to successful applicants on the resubmission process.
|Submission Instructions: ||Submit the Program Service Option 2 application with the Community Adult Learning Center application package.
Adult and Community Learning Services
Massachusetts Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street 3rdFloor
Malden, MA 02148-4906