|Purpose: ||The purpose of this state-funded grant program is to:
- convene regional networks through which to provide training and technical assistance to the After-School and Out-of-School Time (ASOST) Quality grantees related to the provision of high quality after-school and out-of-school time programs; and
- work with the Departments of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) and Early Education and Care (EEC) to support the implementation of school-community partnerships, and make recommendations on how to enhance school-community partnerships and positive outcomes for children and youth through the ASOST Quality grant program.
|Eligibility: ||State legislation requires that funds be expended to convene regional networks and to work with the ESE and EEC to support the implementation of school-community partnerships. The eligible continuation applicant for the FY2012 program year is the Massachusetts After School Partnership.|
|Funding: ||$10,160 is available to support the purpose listed above.|
|Fund Use: ||Funds can be used to, in collaboration with ESE, convene regional networks, provide technical assistance and provide at least two professional development opportunities to the ASOST Quality Enhancement grantees to support quality enhancement of programs and services.|
|Project Duration: ||
School Year Program: Upon Approval - 6/30/2012|
Summer Program: 7/1/2012 - 8/31/2012
|Program Unit: ||Learning Supports and Early Learning (OLSEL)|
|Contact: ||Kristen McKinnonkmckinnon@doe.mass.edu|
|Phone Number: ||781-338-6306|
|Date Due: ||
Monday, November 7, 2011.|
The proposal must be received at the Department (ESE) by 5:00 p.m.
on the date due.
|Required Forms: ||
- FY2012 School Year Program: Part I - General - Program Unit Signature Page - (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
- FY2013 Summer Program: Part I - General - Program Unit Signature Page - (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
- Part II Workbook - Budget (II-A) and Budget Narrative (II-B)*
(Print and mail with the application all four budget and budget narrative pages. See important opening instructions below.)
- Part III - Required Program Information
- Grant Assurances
*Note: The Budget and Budget Narrative Workbook is a Microsoft Excel file which includes macros that enable the workbook to compute totals and summary tables.
For Microsoft Office 2000/2003, you may need to change the security setting in Excel before opening the file. In Excel, click 'Tools', 'Macro', and then 'Security'. When the dialog box appears, change the security setting to 'Medium' and then click 'OK'. You can now open the budget file.
For Microsoft Office 2007, you must save the workbook as an earlier version of Excel (.xls not .xlsx).
|Additional Information: ||
- A report to the general court and administration is due on October 14, 2011 (although we are aware that a deadline extension has been requested through November 15, 2011). This report will make recommendations on how to enhance school-community partnerships and positive outcomes for children and youth through the ASOST Quality Enhancement Grant funding
- A mid-year report is due to ESE on January 9, 2012summarizing the training/TA activities implemented to date.
- An end-of-year report is due to ESE on September 15, 2012summarizing grant training/TA activities and including feedback from grantees about these opportunities.
|Submission Information: ||
Submit one complete set via emailandone complete set via mail with an original signature of the Executive Director on all forms requiring a signature. Email to email@example.com, and mail to:
Learning Supports and Early Learning (OLSEL)
Massachusetts Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906