Grants and Other Financial Assistance Programs: FY2012
Adult and Community Learning Services
This grant package contains materials for the submission of FY2012 Adult Basic Education (ABE) continuation grant applications for the following grant programs.
- Community Adult Learning Centers Basic Proposal and Program Service Options - Fund Codes: 340 (Federal) and 345 (State)
- Program Service Option 1- ABE for the Homeless
- Program Service Option 2- Participatory Health Education
- Program Service Option 3- Family Literacy
- Program Service Option 4- Volunteer Tutoring Component
- English Literacy and Civics Education- Fund Code: 359 (Federal)
- ABE Instructional Program for Incarcerated Adults- Fund Codes: 285 (Federal) and 563 (State)
- Primary Instruction by Volunteers- Fund Code: 287 (State)
- Workplace Education- Fund Code: 538 (State)
- Career Centers- Fund Code: 342 (Federal)
- Transition to Community Colleges- Fund Code: 668 (State)
- ABE Distance Learning - Instructional Hub - Fund Code 669-A (Federal)
- ABE Integrated Distance Learning Option - Fund Code 669-B (Federal)
This grant package contains materials for both federal and state ABE grant programs.
All grant opportunities meet the requirements and intent of the authorizing federal legislation. These grant opportunities are designed to support the goals of:
- providing free access for undereducated and limited English proficient adults to effective Adult Basic Education services in the Commonwealth's 16 Service Delivery Areas;
- assisting undereducated and limited English proficient adults to become literate in reading, writing, and numeracy; communicating effectively in English; and obtaining the level of skills expected of a high school graduate;
- providing high-quality services that are effective in assisting adults to think critically and achieve their goals as family members, workers, community members, and life-long learners; and
- assisting adults to succeed in post-secondary education.
It is recommended that applicants review the following information before completing the Continuation Application.
- Guidelines for Effective Adult Basic Education
- Indicators of Program Quality
- System for Managing Accountability and Results Through Technology (SMARTT) Manual - FY2012
Applicants are encouraged strongly to attend an ABE Program Design Update Training.