Grants and Other Financial Assistance Programs: FY2013
Massachusetts 21st Century Community Learning Centers -Year 3 Summer Enhancement Pilot
Fund Code: 647-B-4
|Purpose: ||The purpose of this federally-funded Massachusetts 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) Summer Enhancement Pilot Grant is to significantly expand innovative summer learning programs that address both the academic and developmental needs of students. |
- To provide a minimum 144 hours (6 hours per day for 6 weeks) of summer 2013 programming for sustained, multi-year academic and developmental benefits.
- To serve 10-15% more students during the summer 2013 than were served in the applicant's program during the summer 2012.
- To provide access to a variety of innovative and engaging summer learning opportunities that address the comprehensive needs of students and increase motivation to learn through relevant, hands-on programming.
- To provide a blended approach of academic learning and enrichment activities. This approach should address academic as well as school transition support efforts (e.g., for students who will be entering or just transitioned into elementary, middle, or high school); college and career awareness; experiential learning (e.g., workplace internships or service-learning); science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education; arts; and/or physical education.
- To develop strong partnerships for planning and implementation efforts between schools, community organizations, and other public/private agencies in order to align and leverage resources, improve program quality, and develop shared outcomes for success.
- To provide innovative shared professional development opportunities for teachers, administrators, and community-based partners.
|Eligibility: ||Eligible sites are those that were funded through the fiscal year 2011-2012 (FY12) Fund Code 647-B-4 Massachusetts 21st CCLC Summer Enhancement Pilot Year 2 Grant, and that continue to be 21st CCLC funded sites through FY13 Fund Code 647 A1, A2, or B2 grants. The eligible entities and sites are listed below.
- North Adams Public Schools (Brayton Elementary School, K-7)
- Triton Regional School District (Salisbury Elementary School)
- Wareham Public Schools (Wareham Middle School)
|Funding: ||Each eligible entity may apply for up to $135,000. |
|Fund Use: ||Funds must be used solely to support the priorities of Summer Enhancement Pilot, and be used for the eligible site. Funding must be used to supplement and not supplant other funding and programs.
NOTE: If a grantee serves significantly fewer students than proposed in the grant application, the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (Department) may request the return of such funds or withhold an appropriate amount of funds not yet paid.
|Project Duration: ||Upon Approval - 08/31/2013|
|Program Unit: ||Learning Supports and Early Learning (OLSEL)|
|Contact: || Karyl Resnick email@example.com|
|Phone Number: ||(781) 338-3515|
|Date Due: ||Grants will be accepted, reviewed, and approved on a rolling basis through Wednesday, May 1, 2013.
Applicants will be notified of approval status once confirmed and/or if there is any additional clarifying information needed for approval.
Proposals must be received at the Department by 5:00 p.m. on the date due.
|Required Forms: ||
- Part I - General - Program Unit Signature Page - (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
- Part II Workbook - Budget (II-A) and Budget Narrative (II-B)*
(Print and mail with the application all four budget and budget narrative pages. See important opening instructions below.)
- Part III - Required Program Information
- Addendum A - Planning Team
*Note: The Budget and Budget Narrative Workbook is a Microsoft Excel file which includes macros that enable the workbook to compute totals and summary tables.
For Microsoft Office 2000/2003, you may need to change the security setting in Excel before opening the file. In Excel, click 'Tools', 'Macro', and then 'Security'. When the dialog box appears, change the security setting to 'Medium' and then click 'OK'. You can now open the budget file.
For Microsoft Office 2007, you must save the workbook as an earlier version of Excel (.xls not .xlsx).
|Additional Information: ||Students must enroll during the summer to attend the full day as well as length (number of days and weeks) of the Summer Enhancement Pilot.
The district/site must commit to participating in a comprehensive evaluation component to measure the impact these summer programs have on students and teacher development. Input and feedback from grantees will be factored into the final plan for the evaluation. Districts/schools that participate in the summer pilot must be willing to share other pertinent school wide data e.g. Dibels.
|Submission Instructions: || Submit three (3) sets, all with original signatures. |
Karyl Resnick, 21st CCLC Coordinator
Learning Supports and Early Learning (OLSEL)
Massachusetts Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906