|Purpose: || The purpose of this state-funded grant program is to assist in the day-to-day operation of General Education Development Test Centers (GED) including, but not limited to, test administration, GEDTS costs, scanning/scoring tests, special needs, and issuing required documents for the examinee and the state GED Office at the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. |
|Priorities: || The priorities for use of these funds must be in the areas of test center materials, technology, and staffing, including special needs. |
|Eligibility: || Only approved HSE Test Centers are eligible to apply. |
|Funding: || Up to $140,000 is available. The grant amount available for each test center is based upon the number of new registrations for calendar year 2011. |
|Fund Use: ||Funds must be used in any or all of the following areas.
- Non-Instructional Materials - testing materials, GEDTS contract, GEDTS fees, OSS fee.
- Technology - Maintenance Agreements as needed for a scanner. You must pay the maintenance cost either from this grant or other grants.
- Staffing - non salaried staff.
- Special Accommodations Needs - non-salaried staff working with individuals.
|Project Duration: ||Upon Approval - 6/30/2013|
|Program Unit: ||Adult and Community Learning Services - GED Office |
|Contact: || Ruth E. Derfler firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Phone Number: ||(781) 338-6604|
|Date Due: ||Thursday, October 26, 2012|
Proposals must be received at the Department by 5:00 p.m. on the date due.
|Required Forms: ||
- Part I - General - Program Unit Signature Page - (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
- Part II Budget Detail Pages (Include both pages.) - Instructions
- Part III - Required Program Information
|Additional Information: ||
- HSE Test Centers and Amounts
|Submission Instructions: ||
Submit two (2) sets, each with the original signature (in blue ink) of the College President/ Superintendent/Executive Director/Authorized Signatory. (No faxes will be accepted.) |
Ruth E. Derfler
Director, GED Testing/GED State Administrator
Massachusetts Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906