||Title I, Part D, also called The Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth Who Are Neglected, Delinquent or At Risk, provides Title I funds to certain types of facilities under two subsections of the law:
- Subpart 1 provides funds to State houses of corrections, the Department of Youth Services, and the Massachusetts Department of Corrections; and
- Subpart 2 provides Title I funds to residential facilities for neglected or delinquent students.
||The priorities of Title I, Part D are to:
- Improve educational services for these children so they have the opportunity to meet challenging State academic content and achievement standards;
- Provide them with services to successfully transition from institutionalization to further schooling or employment; and
- Prevent youth who are at-risk from dropping out of school, and to provide dropouts and children and youth returning from correctional facilities with a support system to ensure their continued education.
|Eligibility: ||A facility is eligible to receive funds based on criteria established by the United States Department of Education (ED). Grants are awarded to facilities after State review and approval of the grant application.|
|Funding: ||Title I, Part D allocations will be posted on the Grants Management website when they become available: www.doe.mass.edu/Grants/.|
|Fund Use: ||Funds may be used to provide academic, instructional, and support services for eligible students, professional development activities for staff, support for parent involvement activities, and the purchase of appropriate supplies and materials.|
|Proposal Requirements: ||Applicants must describe how their proposed uses of grant funds support the priorities listed above.|
|Project Duration: ||Upon approval - 8/31/14|
|Submission Deadline: ||August 31, 2013|
|Program Unit: ||School Improvement Grant Programs |
|Contact: || email@example.com|
|Phone Number: ||(781) 338-6259|
Final FY2014 Title I, Parts A & D District Allocations
FY14 Title I Part D Subpart 1 (State Facilities) Memorandum
FY14 Title I Part D Subpart 2 (Community Residential Facilities) Memorandum
FY14 Title I, Part D Budget Workbook
FY14 Title I Part D Subpart 1 (State Facilities) Narrative
FY14 Title I Part D Subpart 2 (Community Residential Facilities) Narrative
|Additional Information: ||Title I Part D Subpart 1 recipients receive funds directly from the Department though an ISA (Interdepartmental Service Agreement).|
Title I Part D Subpart 2 recipients receive funds though the school district where the residential facility is located; the allocation is part of the school district's Title Part A Fund Code 305 grant. School districts are required to enter into a 'formal agreement' with the residential facility describing how and when Title I Part D Subpart 2 funds are distributed to that facility.
Mail one signed copy of the Cover Sheet with an original signature of the facility's authorized representative to:
School Improvement Grant Programs
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street, Malden, MA 02148-4906
Email one copy of the Title I Part D budget workbook and narrative to firstname.lastname@example.org.