|Purpose: ||The purpose of this federal competitive grant is to provide funds to purchase up-to-date instructional equipment or supplies for career/vocational technical education programs at the secondary level. |
|Priorities: ||The priorities are to facilitate teaching and learning using up-to-date instructional equipment or supplies in order to increase student outcomes on Perkins Act core indicators of performance. |
|Eligibility: || School districts with high enrollment* or a high percentage* of students in career/ vocational technical education programs and current Perkins Act Local Plans are eligible to apply. |
* High enrollment is defined as enrollment of 500 or more students in secondary-level career/vocational technical education programs on the October 1, 2013 SIMS. High percentage is defined as having at least 30% of the total secondary student enrollment in secondary-level career/vocational technical education programs on the October 1, 2013 SIMS. A list of eligible districts is attached.
|Funding: ||Eligible school districts may apply for either a maximum of $50,000 for instructional equipment or a maximum of $10,000 for instructional supplies. The Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act, P.L.109-270 is the funding source. It is anticipated that total amount available will be $800,000. |
|Fund Use: ||Grant funds must be used to purchase up-to-date instructional equipment or supplies for career/vocational technical education programs at the secondary level. |
| Project Duration: ||Upon Approval - 8/31/2014 |
All funds must be obligated by the district by 8/31/2014.
|Program Unit: ||Career/Vocational Technical Education |
|Contact: ||John L.G. Bynoe, III |
|Phone Number: ||(781) 338 - 6300 |
|Date Due: ||Friday, January 31, 2014 |
Competitive proposals must be received at the Department by 5:00 p.m. on the date due.
| Required Forms: ||
- Part I - General - Program Unit Signature Page - (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
- Part II Budget Detail Pages (Include both pages.) - Instructions
- Part III - Required Program Information
|Additional Information: ||
- List of Eligible Districts
| Submission Instructions: ||Submit four (4) sets, each with an original signature of the Superintendent/Executive Director. Mail to:|
Office for Career/Vocational Technical Education
Massachusetts Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4096
It is recommended that, if the proposal is hand delivered, a time stamped receipt be obtained.