Information Services - Data Collection
SIF Weekly Update - February 11, 2013
Dear SIF District,
I hope you were all able to put the shovel down for a bit this weekend and were able to enjoy curling up with a good book or playing outside in the snow!
We had another busy week with the 2013 SIF Program. Our progress this week included:
- Vendor meetings were held the week of February 4th with Infinite Campus, Rediker, SunGard, and Pearson. A meeting has been scheduled with SchoolBrains for Tuesday, February 12th. These meetings are proving to be quite helpful to us and to your vendors as we work out how best to deal with summer events, school within a school, and attendance and membership issues. The SIF profile is also being revised as we work with each of the vendors.
- We will be giving the SIF website a make-over within the next couple of weeks. All documentation will be posted to this webpage once it is finalized and approved.
- We plan on resuming our weekly individual calls with the vendors starting the week of February 18th.
- I will be sending you information in the upcoming week in the form of a survey. The purpose of this survey is to make sure that we have the most current contact information for your district and to verify your vendor information.
- We would like to invite you to join us for a webinar on February 25th or February 27th to discuss the 2013 SIF Program. One of our most important goals moving forward with this project is to ensure that you have all of the information you need and all questions answered so that you are successful with SIF. Register for the webinar.
Thank you all for your continued dedication to SIF. The hope is that very soon the data collection process will become much easier for our school districts to manage.
Supervisor of Data Collection
Education Data Services
MA Department of Elementary & Secondary Education