Information Services - Data Collection
SIF Weekly Update - February 15, 2013
Dear SIF District,
I'm sure you are all looking forward to school vacation next week. I hope you are able to enjoy it ~ you certainly deserve this break!
This is our 3rd. communication and I feel like I'm repeating myself, but the SIF 2013 Program had another busy and productive week. The timeline for this program is quite aggressive and I'm happy to let you know that we are on schedule! Below is an overview of what transpired this week.
- We conducted our final vendor meeting with SchoolBrains and it went very well.
- Your SIS vendors have invested quite a bit of time speaking with us, reviewing the revised Massachusetts SIF Profile, and asking lots of questions. This type of communication is going to serve us all well as we navigate the world of SIF.
- Our new test environment will be available to your vendors starting Wednesday, February 20th.
- Within the next week the SIF webpage and the vendor webpage will be updated. A lot of what is currently located on these pages will be archived and replaced with new information including the revised profile, vendor and district presentations, the SIF Guide, all Data Handbooks will be posted to the vendor page, and we will be creating a new FAQ which will be posted soon and updated on a regular basis.
- I mentioned in my last communication that we would be asking SIF districts to complete a survey for us. Please complete the survey by March 1st if possible.
- If you haven't done so yet, please be sure to register for one of our upcoming SIF webinars. They are being offered from 11:00 to 12:00 on February 25th or 2:00 to 3:00 on February 27th.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or your Data Collection Support Specialist with any questions you might have.
Supervisor of Data Collection
Education Data Services
MA Department of Elementary & Secondary Education