Information Services - Data Collection
SIF Weekly Update - March 8, 2013
Dear SIF District,
Before I get started on this week's 2013 SIF Program update, I'd like to let you all know how uplifting this new process is for ESE and EOE. The feedback we have been receiving from all of you and your vendors has been fantastic and it really helps keep us focused on the end goal - and that is to reduce your reporting burden.
Here are the most recent milestones:
- Our test environment opened during the last week of February.
- Pearson (PowerSchool) & Computer Resources (MMS) are registered and connected.
- SchoolBrains, Rediker, IMG, and X2 are well on their way and should be registered and connected within the next week or so.
- We are in the process of sending test scenarios to all vendors.
- We are generating the entire framework for the district pre-on-boarding and on-boarding process and will have more information available to you by next week's communication. For now:
- The vendor chosen to work with us on this process is Collaborative Consulting.
- A reservation system will be utilized to schedule the pre-on-boarding and on-boarding process.
- Districts will receive a detailed vendor specific checklist for this process.
- We have updated the SIF and Vendor web pages and I encourage you to take a look and feel welcome to send any feedback you might have to me.
- An FAQ has been started based on questions from the District 2013 SIF Program webinars and will be posted soon.
- These web pages will be supplemented and updated as needed moving forward.
- The survey is still open for districts that have yet to complete it. This survey is important in that it will help us communicate with you better and it will give us the most up to date information on your vendors/products.
Please feel free to contact me or your Data Collection Support Specialist should you have any questions.
Supervisor of Data Collection
Education Data Services
MA Department of Elementary & Secondary Education