Education Laws and Regulations
603 CMR 3.00:
Private Occupational Schools
3.12: School Records
(1) A school shall keep a permanent record of each student who enrolls in any of the school's courses or programs. The record shall contain:
- (a) the student's name and address;
- (b) the date of enrollment;
- (c) the title of each course or program taken;
- (d) the student's grades;
- (e) the date of completion; and
- (f) the date the student received a diploma or certificate.
(2) A school shall keep a record of the amount of tuition paid by each student, the method of payment and a copy of the enrollment contract for a period of seven years.
(3) If a school closes or ceases to do business as a school, it shall provide a repository for all students' permanent records, payment records and enrollment contracts. These records shall be maintained for a period of seven years from the date of the school's closing. The school shall notify the Department in writing of the location of the repository.
(4) A school shall keep and maintain financial records that are required by the State Auditor for a period of seven years.
603 CMR 3.00: M.G.L. c. 75C, § 7; c. 75D, § 8 and c. 93, § 21B.