Education Laws and Regulations
603 CMR 3.00:
Private Occupational Schools
3.17: Suspension and Revocation
(1) The Commissioner may suspend a license for cause, subject to the provisions of M.G.L. c. 30A
(2) If a school's license has been suspended for failure to submit inspection reports as required by 603 CMR 3.07, the school shall cease all operations until such reports have been submitted to the Department.
(3) If a school's license has been suspended for failure to comply with 603 CMR 3.06, the school may provide instruction, but it shall not collect any tuition or fees from currently enrolled students. The school shall not engage in advertising or promotion nor recruit or enroll new students.
(4) Prior to the suspension or revocation of a license the Department shall provide the licensee written notification of the intended action in accordance with M.G.L. c. 30A.
(5) A licensee shall be entitled to a hearing prior to suspension or revocation unless the license is suspended or revoked for failure to comply with 603 CMR 3.06 or 3.07. The school shall request a hearing in writing, addressed to the Commissioner. The school shall send the request within 15 days of receiving notice of the Department's decision to suspend or revoke a license. If the school fails to request a hearing, the Department's decision to suspend or revoke shall become final. The Department's decision is subject to judicial review in accordance with M.G.L. c. 30A.
603 CMR 3.00: M.G.L. c. 75C, § 7; c. 75D, § 8 and c. 93, § 21B.