Education Laws and Regulations
603 CMR 38.00:
|38.01: ||Authority, Scope and Purpose|
|38.03:||General Requirements: Capital Construction|
|38.04:||Site Standards: Capital Construction|
|38.05:||Program Standards: Capital Construction|
|38.06:||Cost Standards: Capital Construction|
|38.07:||Major Reconstruction Projects|
|38.08:||Regional Buy-In Grants|
|38.09:||Emergency Reconstruction Grants|
|38.12:||Payment Requirements and Procedures|
|38.14:||Minimum Spending Requirments for Building Maintenance|
|View All Sections|
38.07: Major Reconstruction Projects
(1) The school facility in which a major reconstruction project is proposed must be generally capable of supporting a modern educational program. The facility must have teaching stations and support areas in sufficient size, number, and condition to be recognized as a reasonably modern school building and must be structurally sound.
(2) The school facility in which a major reconstruction project is proposed must be necessary to meet the school district's overall facility needs, and must have an anticipated term of use as a public school building of the district of at least seven years after completion of the reconstruction project.
(3) All construction documents, including plans and specifications, related to a proposed major reconstruction project shall bear the stamp of approval and signature of the building inspector in whose jurisdiction the replacement, renovation, or modernization will take place.
(4) Projects that may qualify for major reconstruction projects grants include: a project to eliminate a structural or environmental safety hazard; a project to make a building accessible to persons with physical disabilities; a roof replacement or reconstruction project; the replacement or improvement of a heating system; a project to make a building more energy efficient. Specific approval requirements applicable to the listed projects may be established by the Department.
(5) Information concerning the specific approval requirements for a particular type of major reconstruction project, and the documentation which must be submitted in support of the application for a grant for such a project shall be available from the Department.
603 CMR 38.00: M.G.L c. 69, § 1B and Chapter 70B