Education Laws and Regulations
603 CMR 50.00
50.12: General Provisions
(1) Waivers: Upon written request from a collaborative or member district, the Commissioner may waive the applicability of one or more provisions of 603 CMR 50.00, upon certification that the collaborative or member district has made a good faith effort to comply with said provisions. The waiver request shall include sufficient documentation to support the need for relief. Waivers of 603 CMR 50.00 shall be considered only under circumstances the Commissioner deems exceptional and shall be granted only to the extent allowed by law.
(2) State Ethics Law: Collaborative board members and employees shall be public employees subject to M.G.L. c. 268A.
(3) Implementation Dates: All existing appointed representatives to collaborative boards of directors in existence as of March 2, 2012 shall complete the training set forth in 603 CMR 50.05 by June 30, 2013.
(4) Related Organizations:
- (a) No appointed representative shall serve on the board of directors or as an officer or employee of a related for-profit or non-profit organization.
- (b) The executive director, treasurer, and business manager shall not serve as a board member, officer, or employee of any related for-profit or non-profit organization.
- (c) No employee of an educational collaborative shall be employed at any related for-profit or non-profit organization.
(5) Severability: If any section or portion of a section of 603 CMR 50.00, or the applicability of 603 CMR 50.00 to any person, entity, or circumstance is held invalid by a court, the remainder of 603 CMR 50.00 and/or the applicability of such provisions to other persons, entities or circumstances shall not be affected thereby.
M.G.L. c. 69, §1B, and M.G.L. c. 40, § 4E