Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
Student Assessment Update: June 2, 2014
PARCC Field Test "Listening Tour" for Teachers/Test Proctors
The Department has launched a PARCC field test "listening tour," which provides teachers, tech directors, and other educators who administered the PARCC field test the opportunity to share feedback about their experience and their students' experience. Participants will also be able to provide the Department with recommendations regarding the PARCC administrations for next year. Learn more about, and register for, the upcoming listening sessions at http://www.doe.mass.edu/conference/?ConferenceID=3873.
Feedback on MCAS Test Administration Manuals
If you have suggestions for improving our MCAS test administration manuals (i.e., the Principal's Administration Manual, Test Administration Manuals), we welcome your feedback at email@example.com through the end of June.
- June 2-3: High school STE (Biology, Chemistry, Introductory Physics, Technology/Engineering) test sessions
- June 9: Deadline for high schools to complete the Principal's Certification of Proper Administration form for high school STE
- June 10: Deadline for pickup of high school STE test materials
- June 13: MCAS-Alt Portfolio Feedback Forms scheduled to be available in DropBox Central
- June 23: Preliminary ELA results and grades 3-8 Mathematics/STE multiple-choice results are scheduled to be posted to DropBox Central; ELA Compositions posted on www.mcasservicecenter.com.
- June 26: Interactive reports of preliminary ELA results and grades 3-8 Mathematics/STE multiple-choice results are scheduled to be available in Edwin Analytics.
PARCC End-of-Year (EOY) Assessment
- May 5-June 6: Administration window for the EOY test
- June 13: Deadline for pickup of PARCC EOY paper-based test materials
About This Update
The Student Assessment Update provides important information about the state's testing programs. The update is scheduled to be distributed to schools on a bimonthly basis (less frequently in the summer). We welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals, MCAS test coordinators, and ELL directors receive this update via email based on contact information that your school submitted to the Department. To change your email address or to add another staff member, please follow the instructions below:
- Public school districts, public schools, charter public schools, collaboratives, approved special education schools: Submit the new email address to your District-Level Directory Administrator, who is responsible for submitting contact information to the Department. A list of Directory Administrators is posted at www.doe.mass.edu/infoservices/data/diradmin/list.aspx.
- MCAS test sites, adult education programs, out-of-state schools, SEIS-DYS programs: Submit an email address (along with your District and School Code) to the Department at email@example.com.