Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
July Information Session for Districts Considering PARCC Computer-based Testing
|To:||Superintendents, District Education Technology Directors, and District Test Coordinators|
|From:||Email from PARCC@doe.mass.edu|
|Date:||Wednesday, June 25, 2014|
Dear Superintendents, District Education Technology Directors, and District Test Coordinators:
The Department will hold two July conference call sessions to give initial guidance to districts that have chosen or are considering choosing PARCC computer-based testing in spring 2015.
|Tuesday||July 22||2:00-4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||July 23||10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.|
Districts may invite additional staff members to participate together in a room with a speakerphone. Principals and school staff in your district are not receiving this email; please share it with them if you would like them to participate in the conference call with you.
The session is designed to help districts answer questions such as:
- What are the major technology-readiness and assessment-readiness tasks to accomplish between now and test administration?
- What are milestone dates for these tasks?
- Who should comprise the district's PARCC team, and what are the different roles and responsibilities?
- What are suggestions from a district that participated in the computer-based version of the PARCC field test?
- What resources will the Department provide to districts?
Register for one of the sessions, and follow the instructions. Participants should register by Tuesday, July 15. Please note that the conference call service is not toll-free, and you will incur any usual long distance charges.
Additional resources related to PARCC are posted on the Department's website. Slides for the conference calls will also be posted when available.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 781-338-3625 or PARCC@doe.mass.edu.
The DESE PARCC Team