Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
Student Assessment Update: July 15, 2014
July Conference Call Sessions for Districts Considering PARCC Computer-based Testing The Department is holding conference call sessions on July 22 and 23 to give initial guidance to districts that have chosen or are considering choosing PARCC computer-based testing in spring 2015. Please visit www.doe.mass.edu/news/news.aspx?id=10328 for more information. If your school will participate in or may participate in PARCC computer-based testing, contact your superintendent to learn more about your district plans to register for one of the conference calls.
MCAS/PARCC Choice Decisions by District
The Department has released a list of districts that responded to the MCAS/PARCC assessment choice survey by the early decision deadline (June 30, 2014). The list, posted at www.doe.mass.edu/news/news.aspx?id=10345, indicates each district's choice of MCAS or PARCC testing for spring 2015.
Multiple-Choice Results Interpretive Guide
A Multiple-Choice Results Interpretive Guide for Mathematics and Grades 5 and 8 STE is now available in DropBox Central in the Department's ESE Security Portal - Drop Box central - MCAS 2014 Data folder. The interpretive guide provides guidance in interpreting preliminary multiple-choice results.
MCAS-Alt Score Appeals
Principals will receive MCAS-Alt score appeal results by regular mail no later than July 31.
MCAS Reporting and Accountability Teleconferences
Registration for the upcoming reporting teleconferences on August 7 and 8 will open on July 17. During the teleconferences, Department staff will share important information regarding the spring 2014 MCAS test results, and participants will have an opportunity to ask questions.
Important Upcoming Dates
- July 17: Registration opens for the MCAS Reporting and Accountability teleconferences
- July 22 and 23: PARCC computer-based testing conference call sessions
- July 31: Principals receive MCAS-Alt score appeal results
- August 7 and 8: MCAS Reporting and Accountability teleconferences
Principals, MCAS test coordinators, and ELL directors receive this update based on contact information submitted to the Department. To change your email address or to add another staff member, please follow the instructions below:
- Public school districts, public schools, charter public schools, collaboratives, approved special education schools: Submit the new email address to your District-Level Directory Administrator.
- MCAS test sites, adult education programs, out-of-state schools, SEIS-DYS programs: Submit an email address (along with your District and School Code) to email@example.com.
We welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.