Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
Student Assessment Update: June 9, 2015
Release of ACCESS for ELLs Results
The ACCESS for ELLs Student Roster will be available in DropBox Central on June 10 and the student data file, with SGPA, will be available in DropBox Central on June 17. The interactive Student Roster and interactive summary of district/school proficiency levels will be available in Edwin Analytics the week of June 22nd.
Science Assessment Public Outreach
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is in the initial stages of developing new science and technology/engineering assessments. We will be holding a series of meetings and disseminating an online survey to gather public input about the new assessments. Meetings will be held on the dates indicated below from 1:00–3:00 p.m. for teachers, administrators, and others involved in science instruction and assessment.
|Wednesday, June 10||Springfield Technical Community College|
|Thursday, June 18||Worcester Polytechnic Institute|
|Friday, June 19||Middlesex Community College, Bedford Campus|
We request that you complete a registration form ahead of the meeting in order to receive directions and parking information.
Preliminary Assessment and Accountability Release Schedule
The initial version of ESE's 2015 assessment and accountability data review and release schedule has been posted online. While many dates for August and beyond are still to be determined, this schedule provides districts with a general sense of when milestones are expected to occur.
Important Upcoming Dates
- June 8: High school STE, Session 1, for schools on the alternate schedule
- June 9: Deadline for pickup of MCAS high school STE test materials for schools following the regular schedule
- June 9: High school STE, Session 2, for schools on the alternate schedule
- June 15: Deadline for pickup of high school STE test materials for schools following the alternate schedule
Principals, MCAS test coordinators, PARCC test coordinators, special education directors, and ELL directors receive this update based on contact information submitted to the Department. To change your email address or to add another staff member, please follow the instructions below:
- Public school districts, public schools, charter public schools, collaboratives, approved private special education schools: submit the new email address to your District-Level Directory Administrator.
- Test sites, adult education programs, out-of-state schools, SEIS-DYS programs: submit an email address (along with your District and School Code) to email@example.com.
In addition to this Update, PARCC districts may find the biweekly PARCC bulletins to be useful.
We welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.