E-rate Funding Year 2018 Application Filing Window Opens January 11, 2018- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Office of Digital Learning
E-rate Funding Year 2018 Application Filing Window Opens January 11, 2018
The E-rate Funding Year (FY) 2018 FCC Form 471 application filing window opens Thursday, January 11, 2018, at 12:00 noon EST and closes on Thursday, March 22, 2018, at 11:59 PM EDT. This filing window is more in keeping with those used in prior funding years.
Districts can begin preparing now for the successful filing of their FY 2018 funding applications by taking the following steps:
- Browser Updates: Google Chrome is the preferred browser for EPC, but no matter which browser you use, be sure the latest version is installed on your computer.
- Establish Account and User Rights: If this is your first year participating in the E-rate program, call the Client Service Bureau at 888-203-8100 to create your account in the E-rate Productivity Center (EPC). If you already have an EPC account, log in and review, update and/or assign user rights for persons who will need access for FY 2018.
- Update Your EPC Profile Now: To ensure a smoother filing process, EPC profiles will lock on January 10, 2018, at 11:59 PM EST. You will not be able to make changes to your EPC profile after that date. So, please log in to your EPC account now to make any necessary changes to your profile. Specifically, you should:
- Ensure that the entity type for your schools and non-instructional facilities (NIFs) is accurate.
- Confirm the names and addresses for all of your entities and NIFs, and let USAC know if any have closed or if you expect to add any new entities for the upcoming funding year.
- Carefully review your student counts, including National School Lunch Program (NSLP) information if you do not participate in direct certification.
- Review the "Connectivity" questions in your profile if you have made changes to their network or have a different opinion on the sufficiency of your network. Note that USAC has already updated EPC profiles with the data from approved FY 2017 applications, so you may notice some updated information when you log in to your account.
- Proceed With Competitive Bidding: If you have not started the competitive bidding process by filing your FCC Form 470, please begin now. Remember that you must wait 28 days after filing the FCC Form 470 before entering into an agreement and filing your application. Waiting for the filing window to open is not necessary. USAC's website provides step-by-step instructions for completing the FCC Form 470 and conducting the competitive bid process.
Representatives at USAC's Client Service Bureau are available to help you at 888-203-8100. Alternatively, you can also open a customer service case in EPC to receive assistance.