Save the Date: Upcoming ESE & EEC Trainings on the Preschool Child Outcomes Summary Process and Using the Outcomes to Develop High-Quality IEP Goals
The Departments of Early Education and Care (EEC) and Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE)will be hosting two, 2-day trainings on improving Early Childhood Outcomes.
Participants are welcome to attend one or both days of the 2-day trainings.
Tuesday, February 4, 2014 & Wednesday, February 5, 2014 in Malden OR Monday, May 5, 2014 &Tuesday, May 6, 2014 in Marlborough Trainings will take place each day from 8:30a.m.-3:00p.m. (registration 8:00 a.m.)
We strongly encourage Special Education Directors and Early Childhood Coordinators to attend a training session to hear about:
- functional outcomes
- the indicator 7 process,
- districts roles and responsibilities, and
- using the outcomes to develop high-quality IEP goals.
Brief Overview of the Trainings:
Day 1: Child Outcomes Summary Basics
- Overview of the three child outcomes (Indicator 7)
- Why outcomes data are collected
- Overview of the Child Outcomes Summary Process
- Recommended practices: Assessment
- Age Anchoring
- The 7-point COS scale
- Using data for program improvement
Day 2: Making the Connection Using the Outcomes as a Framework for Developing High-Quality, Functional IEP Goals
- Functional Assessment
- Integrating functional assessment, child outcomes & IEP goals
- Developing functional, high-quality IEP goals and IEP objectives to meet goals
- Applying the information - Practical learning experiences
We look forward to having this opportunity to work with you to support the process of measuring early childhood outcomes.
Registration information will be coming shortly.