The Departments of Early Education and Care and ESE, in collaboration with the University of Massachusetts Boston, are hosting 2-day trainings on improving Early Childhood Outcomes – Registration Now Open
The Departments of Early Education and Care and Elementary and Secondary Education will be hosting two, 2-day trainings on improving Early Childhood Outcomes. Participants are welcome to attend one or both days of the 2-day trainings.
Tuesday, February 4th & Wednesday, February 5th in Malden at the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Monday May 5th & Tuesday, May 6th in Marlborough at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
Trainings will take place each day from 9:00a.m.-3:30p.m. (registration 8:30 a.m.)
We strongly encourage Special Education Directors and Early Childhood Coordinators to attend a training session to hear about:
- functional outcomes,
- the Indicator 7 process,
- districts roles and responsibilities, and
- using the outcomes to develop high-quality IEP goals.
Please Register by January 20, 2014. To RSVP, please click the following link: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1491631/Indicator-7-Registration.
For more information on the event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brief Overview of the Trainings:
Day 1: Child Outcomes Summary Basics
- Overview of the three child outcomes (Indicator 7)
- Why outcomes data are collected
- Overview of the Child Outcomes Summary Process
- Recommended practices: Assessment
- Age Anchoring
- The 7-point COS scale
- Using data for program improvement
Day 2: Making the Connection Using the Outcomes as a Framework for Developing High-Quality, Functional IEP Goals
- Functional Assessment
- Integrating functional assessment, child outcomes & IEP goals
- Developing functional, high-quality IEP goals and IEP objectives to meet goals
- Applying the information - Practical learning experiences