- The extent students feel adults/students value diversity, manage dynamics of differences, and avoid stereotypes.
- The extent students feel a bond to the school, and the extent adults/students support the emotional needs of students.
- The extent that students feel the instructional environment is collaborative, relevant, challenging and supportive of learning.
- The extent students feel there is a social connection and respect between staff/teachers and students, and between students and their peers.
- The extent that students feel physically safe within the school environment.
|Mental health environment
- The extent that students have access to systems support that effectively support their social, emotional and mental health well-being.
- The extent students feel engaged intellectually, emotionally, and behaviorally in the classroom, and the extent that students or their parents are engaged in school life.
- The extent that students report different types of bullying behaviors occurring in the school and the extent that school/staff/students try to counteract bullying.
- The extent that discipline is fair, applied consistently and evenly, and a shared responsibility among staff, teachers, and students.