Submit Art to the ESE Website!
Massachusetts K-12 public school children are welcome to submit their own creative art to be posted on the ESE website. To submit artwork for consideration on ESE website, follow these steps:
Print the Parental Consent Form page
Send artwork along with completed consent form (parent or legal guardian must sign if child is under age of 18) to:
c/o Brian Philpot, Floor 2
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148
E-mail artwork in digital format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail consent form via postal mail to above address or Fax to 781-338-6850
Come back often to see if your work has been selected!
- 8 x 10 inch original media that can be scanned such as drawings, photographs, paintings, or prints will be accepted. Digital file attachments should be in GIF or a JPEG format at a size of less than 100kb. For original artwork, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like to have your artwork returned.
- Displaying Artwork on the Web
- The limited display area on the ESE homepage may require artwork to be cropped. Often, we will "zoom in" on one major element of a picture. The limited color palette on the internet may cause a slight color shift in student artwork. Don't be upset if we crop your image, we're just trying to preserve some of your great detail!
- How we choose which art to use
- In order to select from the large collection of images we receive, we use the following criteria:
- Subject Matter - images should be pertinent to, and appropriate for, K-12 education
- Image Size - images should be small enough to be "readable" at the small size set aside on the web page
- Reproducibility - images should be clear enough (a few smudges are fine) to be reproduced digitally
- Only the artists' first names, school districts, and ages will be posted on the website. No other information will be posted or given out to the public.
Please e-mail any questions or comments to Department of Elementary and Secondary Education at email@example.com.