Comprehensive System of Personnel Development (CSPD)Training Project
Module Title: The Massachusetts IEP Process
Module Goal: To better address unique student needs through a greater understanding of underlying concepts and mechanics of successful Team meetings.
- To become familiar with the laws and regulations that govern the IEP process.
- To write improved IEPs that are helpful tools to parents and educators.
- To increase communication and collaboration strategies for implementing IEPs across environments.
Intended Audience: Special Education Directors, Team Chairpersons, Special Educators and Related Service Providers and other Team members.
Module Components: Seven areas of IEP interest; each containing an introduction/procedural page, PowerPoint presentation (slides and notes), and activities and handouts.
- Laws and Regulations
- The IEP as a Tool
- Assessment Data
- IEP Cautions and Concerns
- Transition on the IEP
- Measurable Annual Goals and Objectives/Benchmarks
- Team Process