Comprehensive System of Personnel Development (CSPD)Training Project
Module Three: Tammy exercise
Tammy is 16 years old. She has Cerebral Palsy and uses crutches. She feels she has no friends and would like to socialize more. She has very low self-esteem. She has clerical/office skills she learned in school. She knows how to use the public transportation system. She wants to get a part time job and live independently. She would like to eventually attend an institute of higher education. However, she is afraid her grades are not high enough and that she won't be able to function in a college environment. Her parents feel that she is not ready to live on her own or to work.
In small groups, discuss and answer the following questions:
- What might be Tammy's vision statement?
- Which of her attributes will help her reach her vision statement?
- Which of her attributes will hinder her progress towards reaching her goal?
- What additional information do you need about Tammy?
- How do Tammy's parents feelings fit into this process?
How would you address their concerns?
- Do you think a Chapter 688 referral should be filed?