Innovation Pathways are designed to give students coursework and experience in a specific high-demand industry, such as information technology, engineering, healthcare, life sciences and advanced manufacturing.
Innovation Pathways are designed to create strong partnerships with employers in order to expose students to career options and help them develop knowledge and skills related to their chosen field of study before they graduate high school.
Organizations that have received the Innovation Pathways designation.
To learn more about Innovation Pathways, review the Innovation Pathway Criteria .
Presentation on Innovation Pathway Designation Process and Criteria
Please check this page regularly for updates. If you are seeking additional information on the designation process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Innovation Pathway Designation Process and Timeline — AY2020–2021
for Fall 2021 Enrollment
The Commonwealth is again offering its local education agencies and institutions of higher education the opportunity to obtain formal designation for Innovation Pathways. There is a separate opportunity for grant funding. Designed collaboratively by the EOE, DESE, and DHE, pathway designation will entail a two-step process ("Part A" and "Part B"), as follows:
- Late April 2020 — Innovation Pathways Part A Application and separate Planning Grant Application posted
- June 25, 2020 or September 10, 2020 — Innovation Pathway Planning Grant Application due
- Applicants may choose their deadline
- Planning Grant applicants are expected to pursue designation in AY2020-2021
- Planning Grant Award Notifications projected for mid-July and late September 2020.
- June 10, 2020 — Applicant Open Workshop for Part A applicants (1 hour 45 minutes)
- Mid-July/August 2020 — Information Sessions (60 minutes)
- July date T.B.D. — Webinar
- August date T.B.D. — Webinar
- August and September 2020 — Technical assistance for Part A applicants
- Two dates, T.B.D. — Web-based "Office Hours"
September 17, 2020 — Intent to Apply Due — Mandatory for any applicants who did not submit Planning Grant Applications
October 30, 2020 — Part A Application due — Applications must be submitted electronically
Mid-October – Mid-November 2020 — Part A Application review by staff
Mid-November — Part A Notifications — Successful applicants will be invited to submit Part B
Mid-November through January 2020 — Staff conduct Part B information sessions, provide technical assistance
February 11, 2021 — Part B Application Due
February – March 2021 — Part B Application review by staff and Applicant Interviews
- Late March 2021
- Part B Application summaries and recommendations are reviewed by the DESE Commissioner
- Designations conferred in late March 2021
Last Updated: September 23, 2020