• At this time, phone service is down at DESE offices. Staff can be reached via email. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Stay informed about COVID-19 and the latest health and safety guidance for school districts
  • Office of Educator Licensure

    Name Change Requests

    If your name has changed and you need to update your ELAR profile and license, please complete and submit the Request for a Name Change Form along with proof of name change (copy of marriage certificate, social security card, driver's license, etc.), and submit these documents to the Office of Educator Licensure via the methods stipulated on the form.

    Last Updated: July 17, 2018

    Contact Us

    Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
    75 Pleasant Street, Malden, MA 02148-4906

    Voice: (781) 338-3000
    TTY: (800) 439-2370


    Disclaimer: A reference in this website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.