- The document validates as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- The Document weight is not greater than 32 KiloBites (KB).
(You can view the document weight under the Tools menu. )
- All tags are written in lowercase. Ex. <h1>, not <H1>.
- All Attributes are written in lowercase and attribute values are written in lower case. Ex. <p class="bold">
- All tags must be closed, including empty elements, (start tag must end with />).
- Filenames are in lowercase and do not contain spaces.
- Code is cascaded for easy viewing
Headings and Titles
- Every page has an <h1> and an <h2>.
- Headings and Table Headings are in Title Case.
- Each page has a title, <title></title>. In most cases, the title is the same as the <h1>.
- An appropriate Heading tag has been inserted for each new section of the file.
- All Table tags <table> have cellpadding ( = 4), and cellspacing ( =0 ) attributes.
- In a single table, every table row <tr> has the same number of Table Data's <td>.
Special Characters - use numeric values
- All quotes ( " and " ) are replaced with "
- All ampersands ( & and & ) are replaced with &
- All dollar signs ( $ ) are replaced with $
- All percent signs ( % ) are replaced with %
- All number signs ( # ) are replaced with #
- All non-breaking spaces ( ) are replaced with
- All section symbols ( § and &sect; ) are replaced with §
more special characters
Deprecated Tags and Attributes
- Do not use these deprecated tags and attributes
- In particular look for the tags <B> <I> <STRONG> <EM> <CENTER> and <FONT>
- And the attributes BGCOLOR, ALIGN, VALIGN and NOWRAP