Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
PARCC Conference Calls and Timeframe for Decision
As you know, districts will have the choice to administer either PARCC or MCAS tests in ELA and Mathematics for students in grades 3-8 in spring 2015. The timeline for making the decision is as follows:
- Monday, May 19 (updated): District superintendents receive email with instructions and a pass code for registering the district's choice through an online tool
- Mid to late-May: Information sessions to assist in decision-making (see below)
- May 19 (updated)–June 30: District superintendents register early decision
- 12:00 p.m., Monday, June 30: Deadline for early decision submission
- 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 1: Deadline for decision, pending availability (instructions will be forthcoming on registering a decision in October)
The schedule for the information sessions is as follows:
|Wednesday, May 14||10:00-11:00 a.m.|
|Friday, May 23 ||10:00-11:00 a.m.|
|Wednesday, May 28||10:00-11:00 a.m.|
Districts may invite several additional staff members to participate together in a room with a speakerphone. Principals and school staff in your district are not receiving this email; please share with them if you would like them to participate in the conference call with you.
The sessions are designed to help districts answer questions such as:
- Will my district choose to administer PARCC or MCAS tests for grades 3-8 in ELA and Mathematics in spring 2015?
- If my district chooses PARCC:
- Will my district administer the computer-based or paper-based PARCC tests?
- How would my district plan technology resources for PARCC computer-based testing?
- Will my district choose to administer spring 2015 PARCC tests in ELA and Mathematics in grade 9 and/or 11, if funding is available?
- What are the accountability implications for my choice?
Register for a conference call, and follow the instructions. Participants should register by Monday, May 12. Please note that the conference call service is not toll-free, and you will incur any usual long distance charges.
Additional resources for making the decision are posted on the Department's website. Slides for the conference calls will also be posted when available.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 781-338-3625 or PARCC@doe.mass.edu.
The DESE PARCC Team