ESE's goal is to prepare all students for success after high school. To help us reach this goal, ESE has established four strategies:
- Strengthening curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Improving educator effectiveness
- Turning around the lowest performing districts and schools
- Using data and technology to support student performance
What Is Delivery?
Delivery aims to answer four questions:
- What is our agency trying to do?
- How are we planning to do it?
- At any given moment, how will we know whether we are on track?
- If not, what are we going to do about it?
The delivery unit helps plan and monitor progress towards our agency-wide priorities that will ultimately increase student achievement. With the help of the delivery unit, agency staff members determine reform strategies, set targets and trajectories for programs, identify relevant stakeholders, write strategic plans, and are held accountable to deliver results. Once strategic plans are in place, the delivery unit tracks progress, identifies challenges, solves problems early and rigorously, and keeps the Commissioner and other agency leadership informed of both progress and challenges.