Assessment Update – Reporting Webinars - NEW DATES- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
ACCESS for ELLs
Assessment Update – Reporting Webinars - NEW DATES
|Copy:||Superintendents and English Language Learner (ELL) Program Directors|
|From:||Dan Wiener, Administrator of Inclusive Assessment|
|Date:||April 29, 2013|
Greetings. I am writing to notify you of a change in dates for the upcoming ACCESS for ELLs reporting webinars, and to provide you with details about these events.
Three 2½-hour webinars will be conducted by the Department to provide school and district staff with information on interpreting the ACCESS for ELLs score reports. Each session includes identical information. The webinars will occur on:
- May 23 at 9:00 a.m.,
- May 28 at 1:00 p.m., and
- May 29 at 9:00 a.m.
Staff from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and from WIDA will present information on the following topics:
- Explanation of ACCESS for ELLs scores and how these are derived
- Overview of printed reports
- Interpreting and using ACCESS for ELLs scores
- Resources available on the WIDA and MetriTech websites
- Data available on the ESE Security Portal
- Pending "bridge study" to link 2012 MEPA to 2013 ACCESS for ELLs scores, and to determine a definition of "making progress"
- Outreach materials for parents
- Testing window next year (Jan.-Feb. 2014)
In order to maximize the number of participants, these events will be conducted solely via the internet. No telephone access will be provided. Therefore, if you plan to register, please make certain to participate at a computer with speakers so you can listen to the audio portion of the session.
Register at http://www.doe.mass.edu/conference/?ConferenceID=1565.
Thank you for your attention to this important information.