603 CMR 7.00:
Educator Licensure and Preparation Program Approval Regulations
- 7.01: Purpose
- 7.02: Definitions
- 7.03: Educator Preparation Program Approval
- 7.04: Types of Educator Licenses, Requirements for Licensure, Licenses Issued, and Requirements for Field-Based Experience
- 7.05: Routes to an Initial Teacher License and Specialist Teacher Licenses
- 7.06: Subject Matter Knowledge Requirements for Teachers
- 7.07: Specialist Teacher Licenses
- 7.08: Professional Standards for Teachers
- 7.09: Licenses and Routes for Administrators
- 7.10: Professional Standards for Administrative Leadership
- 7.11: Professional Support Personnel Licenses
- 7.12: Standards for Induction Programs for Teachers
- 7.13: Standards for Induction Programs for Administrators
- 7.14: Endorsements
- 7.15: General Provisions
- View All Sections
Most recently amended by the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education: June 26, 2018
7.06: Subject Matter Knowledge Requirements
Application. The Subject Matter Knowledge Requirements are used by sponsoring organizations in designing their teacher preparation programs and in preparing their candidates. The subject matter knowledge requirements are also used by the Department in reviewing programs seeking state approval, and as the basis for the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure.
Requirements. The Department shall publish guidelines with detailed subject matter knowledge requirements for licenses set forth in 7.04 (3) (a), (b), (c) 5. and (d) 1. and 4.
M.G.L. c. 69, § 1B; c. 69, §§ 1J and 1K, as amended by St. 2010; c. 12, § 3; c. 71, §§ 38G, 38G ½; c. 71A, § 10; c. 76, § 19.
For an official copy of these regulations, please contact the State House Bookstore, at 617-727-2834 or visit Massachusetts State Bookstore.