Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
Student Assessment Update: April 15, 2014
MCAS/EPP Mathematics Test
High schools that will offer the MCAS/EPP Mathematics Test to students in grades 11 and 12 to meet the assessment component of their Educational Proficiency Plans should be aware of the following key dates.
- By April 16: Download materials needed for test administration (Principal's Instructions for the April-May 2014 MCAS/EPP Mathematics Test Administration, Principal's Assurances Form, and Test Administrator's Manual: MCAS/EPP Mathematics Test) posted in each high school's MCAS EPP Drop Box (accessible via the Security Portal's DropBox Central).
- April 16-May 9: Download test booklets from the school's MCAS EPP Drop Box.
- April 28-May 9: Administer MCAS/EPP Mathematics test sessions.
- May 12-21: Download answer keys from the school's MCAS EPP Drop Box.
For more information, see the EPP website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional PARCC Practice Tests Available
Pearson has posted the following EOY Mathematics Practice Tests at http://practice.parcc.testnav.com/:
- Grades 3-8 End-of-Year tests for mathematics
- Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II End-of-Year tests for mathematics
Important Upcoming Dates
- April 15: March retest results scheduled to be available electronically in DropBox Central
- April 17: March retest results scheduled to be available electronically in Edwin Analytics
- May 1: Parent/Guardian Reports for February Biology and March retest delivered to school districts
PARCC End-of-Year Assessment (EOY)
- Now Open: EOY test session setup window
- April 21: Additional materials order window for EOY opens
- Week of April 28: Schools receive EOY paper test materials
- May 5-June 6, 2014: Administration window for the EOY test
About This Update
The Student Assessment Update provides important information about the state's testing programs. The update is scheduled to be distributed to schools on a bimonthly basis (less frequently in the summer). We welcome your feedback at email@example.com.
Principals, MCAS test coordinators, and ELL directors receive this update via email based on contact information that your school submitted to the Department. To change your email address or to add another staff member, please follow the instructions below:
- Public school districts, public schools, charter public schools, collaboratives, approved special education schools: Submit the new email address to your District-Level Directory Administrator, who is responsible for submitting contact information to the Department. A list of Directory Administrators is posted at www.doe.mass.edu/infoservices/data/diradmin/list.aspx.
- MCAS test sites, adult education programs, out-of-state schools, SEIS-DYS programs: Submit an email address (along with your District and School Code) to the Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.